While reading through the comments, it seemed most Realtors had yet to set up a page. Those that had set up a page had few fans...
It got me to thinking...
I had started my business page in May. I was originally skeptical...
Who would want to be my fan? I already have a Facebook profile. Why do I need a business page too?
But I knew I liked working with Facebook. A lot...
So, what the heck? I set up my page. It was incredibly easy.
Facebook (or some morphed quasi-Facebook concept) is here to stay. It is a great way to stay connected.
10 TIPS FOR GETTING MORE FANS ON YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE
- Suggest your page to your Facebook Friends. All of them. Your friends will be your primary source of fans for your page. At least at first. Every month, I suggest my page to all of my friends who are not yet fans.
- Build up your Facebook friend base. Since this will be your primary source of fans, it is best to have as many friends as possible. Be active and involved on Facebook. Comment on others posts often. People like getting comments. They will remember that you took the time.
- Write about your page here on Active Rain. Facebook Business pages are a hot topic on Active Rain. Write about your Facebook page. Your post will get lots of readers, comments, and who knows, maybe even a feature. All of this exposure will get you more fans.
- Read about Facebook here on Active Rain. There are so many great writers here on AR. You will learn so much and stay on top of any advances/changes that come to social media. Check out Cassandra's Blog down in Fort Myers. She wrote an awesome series of posts on Facebook business pages.
- Facebook Ads. The ads are a great way to spread your brand and get new fans. I run ads on Facebook daily.
- Create a personalized URL. www.facebook.com/tracyrealestate is the URL for my page. I put it everywhere. On my business cards, my email signature, my flyers and my ads.
- Post on your business page often. I like to post something on my page every day. It doesn't have to be poetry. An interesting statistic. A link to an article you read that day. A new listing. Your latest blog post. Mix it up.
- Don't forget it is your page. Just because it is a business page, don't lose "the you". People get involved more quickly with individuals than they do with corporations. Let them know you are a real live human being...
- Choose the name of the page carefully. Once you select one, you can't change it. I brand mine with my face and my name. I want my fans to remember it is my business page.
- Stay active on other social media sites. You will find people on websites like LinkedIn that you won't find on Facebook. Get to know them. You also want links to your Facebook page from all of your social media profiles.
Marketing is a marathon. It's not a sprint. It will take time. Stay consistent.
Remember, if you aren't excited about it, no one else will be either...