I took a listing the other day. I will be selling a condo in Chicago for a friend.
The listing went on the market yesterday. I used 10 websites to help me list the home...
10 Websites I use when listing a home
- The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) The most powerful listing site for a Realtor. All of the brokerage sites share in this listing information, as well as sites like Redfin, Realtor.com, ChicagoTribune.com and many others.
- The Keller Williams Listing System (KWLS) Available to Keller Williams agents. Allows extra informartion, links, and pictures. Shares listing data with Homefinder.com, Yahoo, Zillow, Trulia, Vast, Google, Cyberhomes, and Frontdoor.
- RealSpaceTours All of my listings have a virtual tour. Although I don't think a tour actually "sells" a home, I have had buyers only look online at homes with a virtual tour...
Real Space Tours is a website available to agents started by Active Rainer Andrew Olson. It is easy to use, keeps track of statistics, and is free.
- Postlets.com A great website. Creates online brochures for listings. Postlets automatically shared with GoogleBase, Oodle, HotPads, Trulia, DotHomes, Zillow, Backpage, Vast, Enormo, Frontdoor, Local.com, and Lycos. I also post my postlets on CraigsList, Active Rain, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Active Rain With Active Rain's famous "Google Juice", posted listings can be found easily. As a Realtor, you can become the local expert by writing about your listings.
- Facebook All of my listings are promoted on my business page, Ken Tracy Real Estate. I run ads on Facebook for my "Featured Home". My Facebook profile has a widget featuring my listings.
- Realtor.com The official site of Realtors. For a fee, an agent can enhance listings, increasing marketing and traffic. I email weekly client reports to my sellers showing online activity.
- Craigslist.com The online classified ads. Very popular for real estate. Sellers will want their homes on Craigslist.
- Trulia I became a Trulia Pro to increase traffic to my listings. I can also run a local "spotlight ad" to feature new listings. I email my sellers a Trulia traffic report every week.
- Ken's Featured Homes My personal website. My "featured home" is on the homepage.